Note: This month’s blog is by Ian Evans and Joshua Davis of the Mistletoe Pub
In the Spirit of Christmas, we celebrate the simple pleasures of life every day at our Jackson NH Tavern: Local Craft Beers, Dazzling Martinis, Creative Cocktails, Great Bourbons, Botanical Gins, and Big Bold Red Zins!
Here at the Mistletoe Pub, the aim is to make fun, “unique” concoctions, keeping our recipes hush hush. All that’s needed is a basic flavor profile, a catchy name, and just a little trust!
Whether you choose a twist on the classics like the “Blood Orange Manhattan”, “Strawberry Hurricane” or “The Monte Rosa”, my playful subtle jabs at coworkers “The Cackling Gaggle”, “One Odd Duck” or “Constructive Criticism”, or perhaps the Christmas-inspired “Scroogin The Pooch”, “As The Christmas Tree Burns” or “The Cindy Lou Who”, trust that everything we make is outstanding. And if it’s not your cup of tea, “It’s Always Good To Try Something New!”
Because it is Christmastime and we are feeling generous, here are the ingredients and recipes for a few of our signature cocktails…
As The Christmas Tree Burns
- 3/4 oz Boggy Meadow “Switchel” Cider Vodka
- 1/2 oz Marquis De Saint-Loup Calvados
- 1/2 oz Eden Heirloom Blend Vermont Ice Cider
- 1/4 oz Luxardo Maraschino
- 3/4 oz Honey Water (1:1 ratio)
- 1/2 (3/4oz) Squeezed Lemon
- Fragola Spezieria Wild Miniature Strawberry Liqueur
Combine all ingredients except the Fragola in an ice-filled shaker, shake/strain over fresh ice into a wine glass. Pour a thin amount of Fragola while spinning the wine glass so that it sinks to the bottom layer.
Pumpkin People Punch
- 1 1/2 oz Three Olives Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 oz Rocky Peak Hard Cinnamon
- 3 oz Tuckerman’s Pale Ale
- 3 oz Pumpkin Spice Shrub
Pumpkin Spice Shrub
- Blend 2 c. puréed pumpkin, 1 c. brown sugar, ½ Tbs cinnamon, ½ tsp ground cloves, ½ tsp allspice, ½ tsp ginger, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate 24 hrs;
- Combine with 1 ½ c. apple cider vinegar.
- Pass through a sieve or food mill.
- Seal and store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
- Pour shrub, vodka, and hard cinnamon into a pint glass.
- Fill with ice, cover with a shaker cup and shake vigorously.
- Transfer into a chilled pint glass rimmed with cinnamon-sugar.
- Top with Tuckerman Pale ale (or similar)
So there you have it. Something new and tasty to try at home. Or you can just stop by the Mistletoe Pub and let us show you how it’s done.
Copyright: ammentorp / 123RF Stock Photo