COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Ensuring Guest Safety at Our New Hampshire Inn, Spa, and Restaurant
We are happy to be back in business and welcoming back our guests and many old friends. While we plan to offer the same warm hospitality, you will notice changes and new protocols intended to keep everyone safe as you enjoy days filled with fun and adventure. Please make sure to read your confirmation letter carefully as there is a lot of new information to learn.
While staying with us, please mind the 6-foot social distancing rule that applies to all areas of public life right now.
We also ask all guests to wear masks when this distance cannot be maintained, also when entering and leaving the dining room and spa.
Download Statement of Symptoms and Quarantine
Our commitment to you
Safety and cleanliness are our top priorities. We are following the advice and recommended protocols set by national, state, and regional agencies (including the CDC, American Hotel & Lodging Association, National Restaurant Association, and the State of New Hampshire).
Each department has its own set of customized procedures designed to keep guests and team members safe.
We hope this will put you at ease to enjoy your time with us whilst visiting the beautiful White Mountains. All our team members will be wearing face masks for their safety as well as the safety and comfort of our guests and have received in-house training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols. Every staff member will have to answer health questions as well as have their temperature taken prior to starting their shift.
In return, you can help our efforts by doing your part:
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance from other guests
- Wash your hands often or make use of the sanitizers places around the Inn
- Wear a mask when you cannot social distance
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue (or elbow when unavailable)
- Stay at home when sick or if you have a fever – really
- See a doctor immediately if you feel symptomatic
Rules are rules, regardless of what we think of them. We will follow and enforce required guidelines as set out by the state and reserve the right to deny service to anyone who willingly disregards these rules or acts irresponsibly towards our guests and staff.
If you have any concerns or suggestions, please direct them to [email protected].
What to expect
Here is what you can expect from your being our customer during the COVID-19 recovery phase:
When checking in
Upon arrival, you will be asked a series of questions and must attest to the accuracy of your statement by signing it. If you are not a resident from one of the New England states (NH, MA, VT, ME, RI, CT), you will also be asked to certify that you have followed the current 14-day quarantine rule prior to arrival. To see the document you will be asked to sign, please click here.
Please note that state guidelines are subject to changes, sometimes at very little notice. Thank you for your patience whilst we all navigate this ever-changing landscape.
When arriving in your room
- We have developed new cleaning protocols that strictly follow the state and CDC sanitization guidelines for our industry. All high touch areas will be thoroughly disinfected, and the room inspected to ensure our standards are met.
- We have removed all unnecessary items from our guestrooms that are difficult to sanitize between guests, such as decorative pillows on beds, books, and brochures.
- Our bed linen and pillows have been completely replaced; we are pleased to provide you with triple-sheeting bedding that allows us to launder all bedlinen, including pillow protectors and mattress pads.
- You will find two types of pillows – a soft and a medium-density option – for ultimate sleep comfort. Enjoy!
- There will be sufficient bedding for everyone in your party. Spare bedding will be available on a request basis.
- We will continue to provide bathroom toiletries, please feel free to take these home after your stay since we will provide a new set for each guest.
- We will continue to provide in-room coffee and tea amenities
While you are staying with us
- To give you peace of mind and to reduce contact, we will not be servicing your room during your stay.
- If you require more toiletries, towels, and bed linen, please contact our front desk.
- We are offering a texting communication channel with our front desk team for your convenience. Of course, we would love to see you but also aim to minimize guest and staff contact for less risk of transmission. Let’s all stay safe and healthy.
- We are delighted to continue offering you our customary full American breakfast of cooked-to-order entrees, served by our friendly servers. Enjoy!
- Our continental buffet will not be offered at this time according to state rules. In its place, we will add a healthy breakfast option to our menu consisting of fresh fruit, granola, and yogurt.
- To minimize crowding, we will be doing breakfast by reservation. The front desk will ask you to make your reservations at check-in.
- Please remember to wear your masks while entering and leaving the dining room. Face masks are available from us upon request.
- Breakfast is included with your stay, but gratuity is not and is greatly appreciated by our servers.
- Our restaurant is open for dinner 5 days a week (closed Tuesday and Wednesday), with seatings from 5 pm to 8.45 pm, by reservation.
- State rules limit party sizes to 10 guests per table with a maximum of 6 adults. These state rules are subject to change.
- We have reduced the number of tables available to allow a 6-foot distance between parties.
- Our dinner menus are printed on paper and will be discarded after use by a patron. All other menus are either laminated or in sleeves that can be wiped/ sanitized.
- Our kitchen team has completed the latest ServSafe qualification for food safety and kitchen hygiene prior to returning to work.
- Please wear a mask when entering and leaving the dining room. Face masks are available from us upon request.
- Our indoor pool and hot tub enclosure are open to our guests! In the interest of social distancing, we recommend that no more than 10-12 guests are using this facility at any given time. Because of this, we also ask your cooperation by limiting your swim and soak time to one hour to allow other guests access to this amenity.
- The fitness center is also open, please exercise social distancing rules and use the wipes provided to clean equipment before and after use.
- Our seasonal outdoor pool is a large facility that allows for plenty of space for all users (open July 3rd to September 7th).
- Towels are available at both pools and are pre-packaged in bundles of 4 to avoid contamination.
- The fire pit will be lit nightly. Again, if social distancing of 6 foot cannot be maintained, please wait to join in when it can.
Aveda Spa Offering
- Our Aveda Spa is by appointment only at this time, please contact us for an appointment by calling the front desk or emailing us at [email protected].
- Please wear a mask when entering and leaving the Spa. Face masks are available from us upon request.
- You will be required to sign the health and quarantine statement along with your treatment questionnaire in your treatment room. State guidelines for Spas also require us to take your temperature and refuse service if it is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Changing rooms and robes are currently not available.
- Our steam room will not be available at this time.
- If you wish to buy retail, please only touch the container you wish to purchase. There will be no testers available at this time.
- See our list of available services
When checking out
You can ‘express-check-out’ by leaving your keys in the room or dropping them off at the desk and we will email you your receipt. Otherwise please see our front desk for e regular check out.
If you feel unwell
If you do not feel well and have symptoms of fever, flu, respiratory problems or a loss of your sense of taste or smell, either before your arrival or during your stay, please let us know immediately;
- If your symptoms appear before arrival, please consult a doctor and get tested for the virus. We will refund your deposit and cancel your reservation.
- If you answer affirmatively to any of the health questions on arrival, we will ask that you consult a doctor. Your reservation will be canceled, and your deposit refunded.
- If you are already staying with us, please consult a doctor and get tested. If your result is positive, we ask that you leave immediately. Your room will be quarantined for 72 hours before cleaning to protect our staff.
Hours of operation
History of Christmas Farm Inn Name
The Inn is not 'Christmas themed' but rather received its name from the gifting of the property at Christmas time – renamed the ‘Christmas Farm’ in honor of the season and spirit of the gift.